> Lemon and Strawberries: Delicious brownie from my Mom's cookbook (Murzynek)

Friday, August 7, 2015

Delicious brownie from my Mom's cookbook (Murzynek)


When I was moving to Greece, my delightful mom gave me a notebook with her recipes. She actually sat for days after work and wrote down several family recipes for me as a gift. It brought tears to my eyes...a really precious gift and I will do the same for my future daughter for sure!
This brownie (called "murzynek" in Polish) is one of her recipes from that notebook. It brings back memories of my childhood, as it was one of my favorite cakes and my mom used to make it pretty often. Our whole house would smell like chocolate when it was in the oven...

INGREDIENTS (for ⌀24 baking pan):
  • 250g butter (non-salted)
  • 1,5 glass sugar
  • 3tbs cocoa
  • 7tbs water
  • 4 eggs
  • 1,5 glass flour
  • 2tsp baking powder 
Put butter, sugar, water and cocoa powder in a pot and heat it up until melted completely then set aside to cool down. Preheat your oven to 180°C (350°F).


Whip whites of the eggs into stiff foam. Save 1/2 cup of chocolate mixture and mix yolks, flour an baking powder with the rest of it. In the end add whites and mix gently with a spatula or a spoon until all the ingredients are combined well.
Pour the whole mixture into a pan layered with baking paper.


Bake for about 45-50 minutes - you can check if it's ready using a toothpick. When it cools down, use your saved chocolate as a glaze.


This brownie is delicious by itself, but I recommend trying it slightly heated up in a microwave or an oven with some vanilla ice cream on top - it's truly a heavenly experience!


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment